Sunday, April 24, 2011

faux fried eggplant!!

Sorry it's been a hot minute since I've posted- things have been hectic!  I started working full-time at one of my internships (FOR MONEY!), I graduate this week, and I was offered a real library job! I have been waging an ongoing war against pests in my apartment (they are strong, but I will prevail!!) During all this, however, I always have time to make dinners!  This week I made little eggplant kinda pizzas??! I used the basil I was going to make pesto with, but I don't have a food processor, so pesto seemed a little impossible for now. 

Eggplant Pizzas!!!

Ingredients: 
1/2 eggplant, peeled
Panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup egg substitute (egg whites or regular eggs, beaten, would work as well) 
Pesto sauce (or regular pizza or spaghetti sauce would work finnnne)
Mozzarella cheese 
Basil Leaves 
Cooking spray 

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350. Cut eggplant into circles about 1/4 of an inch thick.  Dip eggplant circles in egg mixture, and then coat with panko breadcrumbs. Set prepared rounds on a cookie sheet. When all eggplant you care to use has been prepared, put in preheated oven. Spray with the cooking spray.  After 10 minutes, flip eggplant rounds.  After flipping, put about 1 tbsp of sauce on the upward-facing side of the eggplant, as well as  1-2 basil leaves, and the cheese.  Leave in oven for 5-10 more minutes, or until cheese is browning. Take out of oven and let cool.  EATTTTTT!


No comments:

Post a Comment