Tuesday, March 29, 2011

ORGASM IN MY MOUTH

Alright, I am fully aware of what expectations I set with a title like that, but I think I am up to the challenge on this day.

Yesterday, I made the nectar of the gods, yes people, I am talking about a peanut sauce unequaled by man nor beast.

Ok, perhaps I am hyping it up a bit too much but you must try it before hating.

Well, there is a backstory to this divine event.  While I was at home I was perusing facebook (SURPRISE) and I found "What the fuck should I make for dinner?" This led me to Cookstr, and Cookstr led me to this. I know it says sesame sauce, but hear me out. Now, in my squash-obsessed brain, I wondered how this would be if only I substituted spaghetti squash for the noodles!  OH HAPPY DAY!


Cold Spaghetti Squash Noodles in a Peanut-Sesame Sauce (and cucumbers and scallions!)
(ok so I know the bowl looks dirty, but I promise it's been washed like 10,000 times, that burnt shit WILL NOT COME OUT!) 

Ingredients
1/2 cup prepared spaghetti squash, cold 
Cucumber (I used one kirby, which would be the equivalent to 1/3 of a large one)
1 scallion/ green onion

Sauce:
6 teaspoons peanut butter (I used the all-natural stuff from Publix in the deli section)
 2/3 cup water
3 tbsp soy sauce
1.5 tsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp splenda/ sugar
Dash salt
1-2 tsp minced garlic



Whisk together peanut butter and water until fully incorporated. It will become a liquid consistency. Add soy sauce, and other ingredients one by one.  Remember, add to taste, I included the measurements so you have an idea of how much you need, but if you want it saltier add more soy sauce, you want it more sesame-ish add more oil! Also, I added a few teaspoons of toasted sesame seeds!

I thew these together on top of the spaghetti squash with the cukes and the green onions.  It was stellar, however, I'd like to enforce the fact that this sauce can be used for everything, not just my crazy concoction.  You could not only put it on top of real noodles, or like I did tonight,  use it as a salad dressing!  I am dying for new ways to eat this shit without just having to eat it by the spoonful. 

You can thank me later. I accept cash, check, visa, mastercard, etc, etc etc


EDIT: I THINK I AM GOING TO PUT IT ON BLANCHED ASPARAGUS??!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment